I have often said that if you were to only by a single book on how to understand and live a life from a spiritual perspective, it would be Deepak Chopra’s The Seven Laws of Spiritual Success.
The book is short, barely over 100 pages.
Yet this book explains ancient ideas and Sanskrit words from Hinduism and Buddhism that we often use casually without fully understanding.
Words like Karma and Dharma.
The Seven Laws
- The Law of Pure Potentiality
- The Law of Giving
- The Law of “Karma’ or Cause and Effect
- The Law of Least Effort
- The Law of Intention and Desire
- The Law of Detachment
- The Law of “Dharma” or Purpose in Life
Some may seem contradictory.
How do you reconcile The Law of Intention and Desire?
Deepak Chopra makes it look easy! A true Enlightened Master at work!
A Practical Guide to the Fulfillment of Your Dreams
Each chapter on a spiritual law is followed by short set of instructions for applying the law of to your life. Here are the steps from Law Seven.
“Applying the Law ‘Darma’ or Purpose In Life”
“I will put the Law of Dharma into effect by making a commitment to take the following steps.”
- “Today I will lovingly nurture the god or goddess in embryo that lies deep within my soul. I will pay attention to the spirit within me that animates both my body and my mind. I will awaken myself to this deep stillness within my heart. I will carry the consciousness of timeless, eternal Being in the midst of time-bound experience.”
- “I will make a list of my unique tallents. Then I will list all the things that I love to do while expressing my unique talents. When I express my unique talents and use them in service of humanity, I lose track of time and create abundance in my life as well as in the lives of others.”
- “I will ask myself daily, ‘How can I serve?’ and ‘How can I help?’
The answers to these these questions will allow me to help and serve my fellow human beings with love’
A simple recipe for life!
My challenge is to know what my special gifts are?
The other six laws lead to the seventh law.
Each one has steps to follow for “Applying The Law of …”.
Read the book frequently.
Actively follow the steps to apply each of the Spiritual Laws of Success.
Repeat to make it a daily practice. By some coincidence, there are Seven Laws and Seven Days! You could loop through and practice a new law each day of the week.
Eventually you will integrate each of the Laws of Success to simple be living the Seven Laws of Spiritual Success every day.
— Greg Dixon